For over 40 years, the Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario (SB&H), has been committed to making a positive difference in the lives of individuals with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus.
For the past several years, the calendar has been filled with beautiful and creative artwork by children and youth whose lives are affected by Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus.
This year, we thought you might like to meet the artists featured in the 2016 calendar and learn a little about them.
Every month, we will feature a new artist. So, keep checking in to read about someone new.
1. How did you come up with the idea for this drawing/painting?
One of my teachers was showing us different ways to draw animals in art class. I thought it was pretty cool and kept practicing at home. I love dogs and summer time and thought it would be neat to draw it together.
2. Why do you like drawing/painting?
I like drawing because it’s fun and I like to see what I end up with when it’s finished.
3. How did you feel when you heard your drawing/painting was selected for the TGIF Calendar?
I felt excited. I have not had any of my art in a book or calendar before.
4. What are your hobbies and interests?
My hobbies are art and sports.
5. What would you like to be when you grow up?
I would like to be a clothing designer or a hair stylist and makeup artist.