For over 40 years, the Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario (SB&H), has been committed to making a positive difference in the lives of individuals with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus.
For the past several years, the calendar has been filled with beautiful and creative artwork by children and youth whose lives are affected by Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus.
This year, we thought you might like to meet the artists featured in the 2016 calendar and learn a little about them.
Every month, we will feature a new artist. So, keep checking in to read about someone new.
1. How did you come up with the idea for this drawing/painting?
I chose to draw flowers because they are fun to colour & I love flowers.
2. Why do you like drawing/painting?
Doing crafts & colouring is fun & it relaxes me.
3. How did you feel when you heard your drawing/painting was selected for the TGIF Calendar?
I felt proud & excited when my artwork was chosen for the calendar.
4. What are your hobbies and interests?
I enjoy listening to music, playing on my Ipad, baking, swimming & riding my special bike.
5. What would you like to be when you grow up?
When I grow up I want to be a teacher.