For over 40 years, the Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario (SB&H), has been committed to making a positive difference in the lives of individuals with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus.
For the past several years, the calendar has been filled with beautiful and creative artwork by children and youth whose lives are affected by Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus.
This year, we thought you might like to meet the artists featured in the 2016 calendar and learn a little about them.
Every month, we will feature a new artist. So, keep checking in to read about someone new.
1. How did you come up with the idea for this drawing/painting?
It is a picture of my Mom and I going for a walk. We share the same birthday and this picture is of us going for a birthday walk. My mom and I share a special bond and I love her very much.
2. Why do you like drawing/painting?
I like drawing because it calms me and keeps me busy.
3. How did you feel when you heard your drawing/painting was selected for the TGIF Calendar?
I felt happy and excited that others would see how much I love my Mom.
4. What are your hobbies and interests?
I like to play hockey and baseball. I enjoy watching You Tube on my iPad.
5. What would you like to be when you grow up?
When I grow up I would like to work at an aquarium with Dolphins.