Home      Members List      Register Now!

Go Back   SB&H Forum > Spina Bifida Community > Connect with others

Old 05-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Banned

Default Immigration

Hi,<br> I've got Spina Bifida. And am planning to migrate to Canada. Would anybody know if this does create a problem with the health authorities? Are there chances that my Immigrant visa application might get rejected due to this!<br> Thanks,<br> Ibex.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Banned

Default Immigration

It is important for you to be informed and there is accurate information on the following website:

<a target="_blank" href= "http://www.settlement.org">www.settlement.org</A>

It answers many*legal questions regarding*the immigration process. Chances are you will find out that based on the information from the goverment website you may be considered inadmisible. But don't get discouraged, there is also**links to information posted by non-profit organizations*that provide support for people that do not meet the immigration criteria. It is possible for you to migrate. That website could lead you to other organizations that provide support.

Best luck with that!

Old 09-24-2013, 08:12 AM

You should be in better shape by moving to Canada. Their healthcare is universal, meaning everyone qualifies. If you move to a less populated area then you won't experience the long waits for medical equipment or procedures like the residents of large cities endure. I wish you well in your move.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:16 PM

Go to the proper agencies and get the information you need. I have no idea about Canada but from I know of them, they always look to be more progressive and open to things than some other countries. Good luck, and also moving there as others have said can be of benefit with them having an established universal healthcare system. Good luck again.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:47 PM

I don't know why a medical condition would prevent you from migrating to Canada. Are you looking to become a permanent citizen of that country? I don't believe that you have to pass a health exam to migrate to another country...though I could be wrong. Check with the migration department to see what the requirements are. But I don't think that having SB is going to prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen if that's what you truly want to do.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibex View Post
Hi,<br> I've got Spina Bifida. And am planning to migrate to Canada. Would anybody know if this does create a problem with the health authorities? Are there chances that my Immigrant visa application might get rejected due to this!<br> Thanks,<br> Ibex.
Hey! It shouldn't create any problems with your health authorities. Your visa application shouldn't also get rejected due to this.
Maybe for more infomation phone somebody from Canada and ask to be sure?

Best luck!
Elizabeth
Old 07-14-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniornoah View Post
You should be in better shape by moving to Canada. Their healthcare is universal, meaning everyone qualifies. If you move to a less populated area then you won't experience the long waits for medical equipment or procedures like the residents of large cities endure. I wish you well in your move.
Yeah with universal healthcare it is not a dilemma whether or not to get treatment. I think Canada is great for getting your healthcare needs. I just hope that you get that Spina Bifida treated by a good doctor.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailypost1 View Post
Since the Obamacare became effective on October 1st of this year, universal heath care is available to all Americans as well. The only thing people can do is not want to sign up for Obamacare.
I do agree people do not want to sign up for the healthcare. All folks wanna do is complain and want some sort of political action to happen. Is like if you want to have the healthcare then get up and sign up for it.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibex View Post
Hey ibex how are you doing? Were you still planning on migrating to Canada?
Old 07-25-2014, 05:27 PM

I can't imagine why she would have issues with immigrating to Canada with SB. Its not a communicable disease which would be the main criteria. I think you will do much better up in Canada in terms of getting the medical care that you need. right now ObamaCare is still in its infancy and very well could be ended when a new president is elected.