Home      Members List      Register Now!

Go Back   SB&H Forum > Welcome & Orientation > Comments & Suggestions

Old 11-01-2013, 12:48 PM

Default A "Friends of sufferers" forum?

Hi guys!

I haven't personally got either Hydrocephalus or Spina Bifida but I used to care for a friend who did. Would it be possible to get a forum dedicated to the friends of sufferers, offering advice and practical tips on supporting them?

Thank you!

Jay.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:29 PM

I think that would be a great idea as I am also not a suffer but a relative to one. I think its important that as friend and relatives that are affected we are also advised and thought on how to deal with the disorder. The more knowledgeable we are, the easier it will be on the people living with the disorder.

Knowledge is power and the power of it, will set you to greater heights.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsososo4 View Post
I think that would be a great idea as I am also not a suffer but a relative to one. I think its important that as friend and relatives that are affected we are also advised and thought on how to deal with the disorder. The more knowledgeable we are, the easier it will be on the people living with the disorder.

Knowledge is power and the power of it, will set you to greater heights.
Thanks for the support! It's hard to relate to some people when I'm only friends with someone who suffers instead of directly caring for them!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:53 AM

I agree! It would be nice to have a forum for people who are friends/caretakers of sufferers. There might be many people who have similar questions and it would be useful to have them all grouped together in the relevant subforum.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:08 PM

I'd like to think that this whole site is for not just suffers but also for friends and family members of suffers.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGould View Post
Hi guys!

I haven't personally got either Hydrocephalus or Spina Bifida but I used to care for a friend who did. Would it be possible to get a forum dedicated to the friends of sufferers, offering advice and practical tips on supporting them?

Thank you!

Jay.
I think the most important thing is that you have dealt with it and yo know what it is like, theres lots of advice you can give us on this forum, you are most welcome.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:56 AM

^ Thats true, advice and support is what we're here for.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:39 AM

I do not have any friends or sufferers of Spina Bifida. I do view the idea of a "Friends of sufferers" thread to be useful. I just wish the admin would hurry and make the additions.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:22 PM

As a "friend of sufferer", I would say this forum seems like a pretty positive and supportive outlet for people who do and don't have spina bifida.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrischano View Post
As a "friend of sufferer", I would say this forum seems like a pretty positive and supportive outlet for people who do and don't have spina bifida.
This is a supportive outlet for people with spina bifida and can have others relate. I just think that forum needs some additional categories to be more enthusiastic. I just have not been seeing too much activity here lately.