Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:57 PM

Default Best medications for hydro?

What medications have you found to be the most effective for children with hydro? Or if none have been effective, tell us the ones that you tried out which did not work. If you strayed from the medications did you try any herbs or alternative medicines? Please share.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:02 PM

We had to decide to go with a surgical insertion of a shunt. We thought of going a natural way but our doctors assured us that based on his condition this was the best possible way to go for the benefit of our child. I kinda wish I had taken some time to do a little bit more research on natural method before doing that. I just felt it was the best for him. Right now he is pretty good but of course I am constantly vigilant with watching and making sure he is ok.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:37 PM

People have claimed trying first get rid of all your toxins in the body. Then after that, introducing their system to a herb called Seroquel, apparently it has the ability to calm you down and make you sleepy. You can even end up sleeping to 20 hours. Then, eat foods that are rich in potassium such as potatoes and bananas, though they will not give you the recommended amount or you can try and substitute those with potassium Chloride. As potassium rich supplements only carry 1% of the recommended amount that is needed. Lastly wheat grass, which has been found to be one of the few foods know to have nutrients from all the five food groups. The person who followed this plan, claimed that it helped him and when he went to visit the doctor, they found he had no hydrocephalus. He says the method though still needs a lot of research but felt like sharing. It might help someone else
Old 10-26-2013, 12:32 AM

Default Omega Brain - natural supplement

I had neurosurgery in May of this year. I now have much greater mobility, however I have mental fatigue & focusing/concentration & short-term memory issues. I just started taking Jamieson Brand Omega 3 Brain supplements. I take 1 @ each meal. My pharmacist also thought they could help. I have been taking them for a week and have found great improvement in my fatigue issues. I have gone from being alert a maximum of 4 hrs to 5-7 hours!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:36 PM

My nephew takes Dilantin to control seizures. He takes a low dose and he hasn't has a seizure in a very long time. I know that he also takes meds to help aid digestion, but I don't know what those are. He doesn't take anything for pain as he only experiences headaches every one in a while. The docs wanted to put him on something to help him concentrate, but I don't know if they ever did. I don't think so, because my brother would have said something since I babysit him all the time. All that being said, from what I have seen here, he is on very few meds and it seems to be helping him maintain, so I am thankful.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:35 AM

I think not to place blame anywhere but us adults need to maybe get more into our natural bodies and do some holistic things that can help to prevent some of these disorders from happening. I feel that a once of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The best thing to do is everything we can to be able to deliver into our bodies the most nutrition that we can then imbue it into our babies in the womb and this also goes for the man his sperm needs to be as pure as possible in terms of him taking care of his body holistically.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:51 PM

After visiting this thread, I went back and had a very interesting conversation with my brother about my nephew's condition. So, he takes Dilantin and a multivitamin. But other than that they try to life a healthy, clean lifestyle. He's never been around anyone who smokes or drinks. They eat very healthy, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, very lean meats, etc. They exercize daily. They don't really do anything to detox the body or anything like that, thinking that their healthy lifestyle helps him perform at peak levels. Brayden seems very well adjusted and seems to not have as many problems as some of what I see on this forum, but I also don't know if there are varying degrees of hydro, so this might not be an apples to apples comparison.