Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 AM

Talking My Story

Hello, i live in Sault Ste. Marie. Looking for others to share their stories and offer support to others. http://hydrocephalus.yolasite.com/
Old 09-20-2013, 12:51 AM

I checked out your site. Thank you for sharing your story with us. You are quite the courageous person. I wish you and your family good luck.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:51 AM

I found your story to be touching and incredibly inspiring. I am sure others will get a lot from reading about your life.
Stay strong and thanks for the motivation you have given me.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:42 PM

Thank you for posting this, a friend of mine was suffering from the same illness as you have done for years and it's nice to know that you're recovering. Do you mind if I ask what the financial charges were like? I've noticed you're American (I'm British) so I'm just curious about private healthcare charges with something so technical.

Thank you and I wish you the best of the luck!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:11 AM

Your story is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this. I have passed your URL along to my brother, who has a child that was born with Hydro. While Brayden is an exceptional child, his short 5 years have been challenging for sure. He is doing well and I hope that he continues to do well. He is a bright and happy little boy. I am so glad that you are starting to recover and so sorry to hear of all the things you've had to go through, but hopefully now you are on your way back up and can regain much of your former life.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:29 PM

I just re-read your story. I get so much out of it. Thanks for sharing it with us. I get so much out of it. You offer a lot of hope to others and should be proud at how brave you are to let your voice be heard.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:27 PM

I actually sent my brother a link to your story and he was floored. Once again, he has a child with diagnosed hydro and I think that we might be suspecting mild SB and sharing your story with him was incredible. I wish I could describe to you the impact it had..gave him hope that everything might turn out alright for his son as well. I can't thank you enough for sharing your incredible story.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:00 PM

Default My Story-Financial

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGould View Post
Thank you for posting this, a friend of mine was suffering from the same illness as you have done for years and it's nice to know that you're recovering. Do you mind if I ask what the financial charges were like? I've noticed you're American (I'm British) so I'm just curious about private healthcare charges with something so technical.

Thank you and I wish you the best of the luck!
Hello, I live in Ontario, Canada and although we have OHIP coverage, it only covers certain minimal things. For several years we have had financial hardships, with traveling and hotel costs, as well as meals, and recovery time off work just wasn't paying the bills. We have had to move and rent, and gear to rent as well.
So it hasn't been easy. But for traveling you can apply for ontario travel grants, but they don't give you that much really. You can apply for Disability benefits which is what we eventually did. You have to have a doctor do a medical report and such, and it is a process to apply but well worth it.

Hope this helps?
Thanks
Troy
Old 02-06-2014, 09:12 PM

Default My Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty7 View Post
I just re-read your story. I get so much out of it. Thanks for sharing it with us. I get so much out of it. You offer a lot of hope to others and should be proud at how brave you are to let your voice be heard.
Thanks, always happy to share and be able to help others. Just want those people who are experiencing and going through this to know that they are not alone, which is how we felt. There is support and it helps to share stories and symptoms and fears and concerns.

Troy
Old 02-07-2014, 03:37 PM

I think that not only is it beneficial to others to hear first hand accounts of what others go through when dealing with a condition such as hydro, it can be cathartic to those going through it. There's something about being able to get it all out on the table and off your chest that can help you deal with the stress and put things in perspective. I know that my brother can considered doing a podcast about his adventures with my nephew in a way to help others as well as help him verbalize his own feelings and deal with them. I think it's great.