Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 02-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Banned

Default Activity for young adult

My daughter is 24.* She has a tracheostomy and*a gastrostomy, and her wheelchair provides the full body support she needs.* She requires ventilation at night - with a night nurse -*and a lot of suctioning by day, *but she goes to jr college accompanied by a lady who drives her, suctions her and takes notes for her.* There are few people with spina bifida as impaired as she.* Any ideas for social networking, volunteer activities she could do or anything at all to diminish her social isolation? We're just north of Chicago.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Banned

I used to work with some individuals who were quite severly limited in the activities they could pursue.* However, some bright soul noticed there was a bird feeding program at one of our local parks.* Connections were made with the organizers of this program to allow these folks to feed the birds.* It was a gorgeous park and a great place to spend an hour or so feeding and watching the birds.* They enjoyed it immensely and as far as I know, are still doing it.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:57 PM

Were thinking of going to Belgium in Feb and have booked for Florida for the summer. Any ideas for things to do in Florida, other than the theme parks?
activex runtime error
Old 09-18-2013, 06:01 PM

I know that some animal shelters would appreciate anyone coming in and spending recreational time with the dogs and cats who are cooped up in cages all day. That would make a difference in your child's life as well as the lives of the animals. I also recommend using public parks. The bird feeding program mentioned above is a fantastic idea.