Home      Members List      Register Now!

Go Back   SB&H Forum > Hydrocephalus Community > Connect with others

Old 12-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Banned

Default pain and depression

My headaches and pain are now overwhelming. I can't sleep, I'm overmedicated most of the time and I can't phone anybody for help because they call police. I'm looking for a way to end the pain. The medication isn't working. There are no support groups around here. I need somebody to talk to.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:42 AM
Banned

Hey Jeff hang in there.

How long have you been having the headaches?** Have you had any professional diagnosis?* Do you already have a shunt?* If so, sounds like it might be malfunctioning, even intermittently.* Get to see your neurologist and let them know exactly what is happening. I've been through this twice when my shunts have failed, replacement has cleared up all problems.

Peter

Old 10-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

Dear Peter:

I've had my shunt since 1998. There has never been a revision. I went to see my neurosurgeon a couple of years ago and I saw a visiting neurologist about six months ago. Both say a shunt revision would be too risky. I sought another opinion and sent x-rays to a neurosurgeon in Toronto by mail and he, too, suggested shunt revision was out of the question, but a change in valve might help. I declined. Toronto is 500 miles away. My headaches are getting worse. I get them every day.*They are controlled by Oxycoten and Oxycocet, but I know now they will never go away. The neurosurgeons I speak of are Dr. Muller at Toronto's St. Michael's and Dr. Drake at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. Now what do I do?

Old 10-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Banned

Hi Jeff I just read your request for help and felt moved to <br> reply...it sounds like the pain is making you very depressed as well.Who have you rung to get help to prompt them to call the police? if you can get yourself to a hospital or go to your doctor and ask for a referal to someone else and take all your scans and anything you have and show it to them, then explain that the pain is absolutely in tolerable and they have to do somethong and not medicate.Be firm, not agressive and stay in control<br> How old are you? and do you have someone that can help you<br> to do all the running around? If you want drop me a reply and see what other suggestions we can come up with. take care .from Aus
Old 10-29-2005, 10:12 PM
chrisr84

Quote: <I>Originally posted by jeffwilkinson on 18*October*2005</I> Dear Peter:

I've had my shunt since 1998. There has never been a revision. I went to see my neurosurgeon a couple of years ago and I saw a visiting neurologist about six months ago. Both say a shunt revision would be too risky. I sought another opinion and sent x-rays to a neurosurgeon in Toronto by mail and he, too, suggested shunt revision was out of the question, but a change in valve might help. I declined. Toronto is 500 miles away. My headaches are getting worse. I get them every day.*They are controlled by Oxycoten and Oxycocet, but I know now they will never go away. The neurosurgeons I speak of are Dr. Muller at Toronto's St. Michael's and Dr. Drake at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. Now what do I do?

what type of shunt do you have?<BR>
Old 11-28-2005, 04:53 AM
Banned

Hi Jeff- you need to get some help that is closer to you or maybe if possible have someone came out to see you. Tell them it's an emergency and you need help now. Wish the best for you. i'm here for you if you need to talk.Hope your headaches go away soon.

******************************************** **** Kelly

Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Banned

Connected
Old 04-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote: <i> Originally posted by jeffwilkinson on 19�December�2004</i> My headaches and pain are now overwhelming. I can't sleep, I'm overmedicated most of the time and I can't phone anybody for help because they call police. I'm looking for a way to end the pain. The medication isn't working. There are no support groups around here. I need somebody to talk to.<br> <br> <br> Hi Jeff, sorry to hear that you have been through this. Try and get to the root of the cause that why you have this headache and try consulting a doctor. Best luck for your quick recovery.<br>
Old 11-13-2009, 05:22 AM
D.Owevy

I cant be of much help to you today, but I can send you my hugs and prayers. Take care of yourself. :hugs: :hugs:
Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 AM
jannilowson

Default Alta White

What is Body Dysmorphic Disorder?