Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Davidparks

Default Urine color normal?

i'm five months pregnant lately the color of my urine has been dark yellow... almost like orange yellow. is that normal?? i don't feel sick or anything. i urinate frequent just like a pregnant woman should. should it have anything to do with what i'm drinking.. orange juice?? or the food i'm eating??

Last edited by Davidparks; 02-15-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 PM

It probably has to do with the foods and drinks that you consume. If you hydrate well then your urine will be clear in color. If you are not hydrating then it is likely to be darker in color. If you start hydrating a lot and it is still dark in color then I would see your doctor for advice. Good luck.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidparks View Post
i'm five months pregnant lately the color of my urine has been dark yellow... almost like orange yellow. is that normal?? i don't feel sick or anything. i urinate frequent just like a pregnant woman should. should it have anything to do with what i'm drinking.. orange juice?? or the food i'm eating??
If you are taking prenatal vitamins, your urine is going to be very dark yellow. I know it looks funny, but it is normal.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:22 PM

I had this same issue. I was told that it was my vitamins and to not worry. I made sure to check with my doctor, especially with me being such a hypochondriac.
Definitely hydrate well also.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 PM

Default Maybe maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidparks View Post
I know with pregnancy most of the things we tend to or love eating can be the worst for our bodies. A dark urine yes could be due to your diet or the vitamins that you are taking as you need to have folic acid in your body, eat a lot of spinach, raisins and all to keep your anaemia levels down, take multivitamins such as Pregna Vit M that are rich in Calcium and Vitamin D, Iron and anti-oxidants.

I know this can be a lot for your body to take and it is a big adjustment but try to keep as healthy as possible. A dark urine even when taking all of these it is not something you should be Ok with even if the Dr tells you its ok because of the supplements. You should always try by all means to have a clear urine and normally at 5 months of pregnancy you should not be going to the toilet so much. Normally the toiled drill seriously starts at 7 months, when your body is starting to feel the pressure but I guess bodies and people differ.

That orange yellow could be a discharge and you really want to avoid those when pregnant. Remember with pregnancy you are a high risk of infections, therefore I would encourage to please drink 2-3 litres of water everyday if you have to. Trust me it will save you a lot more heartache later on. Good luck.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:31 PM

You need to get to the Dr as soon as possible. The problem could be bigger than what we are anticipating. Also remember urine testing can be used to detect a lot of abnormalities and disorders. So get yourself checked out.

Ketones are also tested, which is your hunger nerve. Meaning that you could not be getting enough nutrients that you need.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:15 AM

It's absolutely normal, you have another life to look after internally which is taking part of your hydration away which turns your urine a harsher colour of yellow. If you're really concerned I recommend consulting a doctor just to be safe but in my opinion it's completely normal.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:01 PM

There is nothing to worry about from my experience and the experience of others that I have known personally in this same boat as you. If this is very alarming to you and cause further stress then to put your mind at ease, I would say to see your doctor. The vitamins can affects your urine, but for your own reassurance and peace of mind, see your doctor.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:24 PM

If you aren't experiencing any pain or discomfort when you urinate, then it's normal. You may be seeing a change in your urine color as it might be more concentrated if you aren't taking in a lot of fluids. Drink more water and you should see it go back to normal for you. If you are still concerned, ask your doctor about it at your next visit or make a call to the nurse. They should be able to alleviate your concerns.