Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 10-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Banned

Default hydro

hi i am 15 years old and i also have hydro it has affected my life in so many ways i suppose i have never got to terms with what i have but i am dealing with it in my own little way . i have never met anyone with hydro before so it would me great to talk to someone like me

take care r. moore

Old 10-13-2004, 09:34 PM
happy68

Default hydro

Hello Robert,

My son is also 15 and has spina bifida and Hydrocephalus. I am sure he would love to chat with you online. He uses MSN messanger. If you have MSN messanger let me know and I will have him add you to his buddy list so you 2 can chat.

Renee Jubenville

Old 10-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Banned

Default hydro

Hi Robert, I am new to this discussion forum but here goes.* I have children*that are older than you are*but unfortunately I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus when I was 27 shortly after I had my son and is now 19.* It has caused many problems with balance,memory,vision, and chronic pain even with the shunt I have to drain the fluid off.* I have two shunts one in my brain and one in my back as the one in my head wasn't draining enough fluid off.* The one in my head is an adjustable type valve that they can increase or decrease how much fluid comes off at one time.* I hope that you have had good luck with your shunt if your are shunted.* Anytime you need a fellow hydrocephaluser to talk to email me and I will do my best to listen and bring some calm over your life as long as your parents don't mind.* I can imagine it is hard for your friends to understand because I have adults and family that don't understand but remember that your family is your best ally when you are going through rough times. I have one daughter that just got married she is 21 and one son that still lives at home with me and my husband that is 19, I know that all teenagers want their life to be as normal as possible.* My daughter has asthma and she couldn't have wanted to be well anymore than anyone else she would even hide her pills thinking that it would in some way not make her have to*realize she was sick but unfortunately it would only make things worse for her as she would get really sick and wind up in the hospital she finally learned to carry her inhaler with her no matter if it inconvenienced her or made her self conscious with her friends.* It will get better for you the better you take care of yourself.* Your friend and fellow hydrocephalus person, Mrs. Jeanna Flowers* Ps. I will have my son email you and maybe he can talk* to you about how things can be as normal as possible having lived with a mother who has hydrocephalus and he also plays video or computer games a lot and maybe you and him can become computer buddies of some type and if you have a question about hydrocephalus he can* tell me and I will do my best to answer it for you.*