Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:24 AM
catarina

Default Head Circumference

My daughter has now 7 months old and I am very worried about her head circumference evolution:<br> <br> born: 34.5 cm (percentile 50);<br> 2 months: 39.5 (percentile 75);<br> 4 months: 42 (percentile 75);<br> 6 and half months:44.5 (perc. 90);<br> 7 months: 45 (percentil 95).<br> <br> Weight and Height are at Percentil 50.<br> <br> She looks healthy and happy, with normal development (she is meeting all her milestones), soft spot is still open but looks ok.<br> <br> Does this match with hydrocephalus symptom?<br> <br> Thank you for your support.<br> <br> Catarina<br> <br>
Old 01-23-2004, 03:48 AM
Banned

Hi,

I'm not a doctor, just a 19-year-old with hydrocephalus.* However, I can tell you about my experience as a baby.* Apparently, my head got big, but my parents didn't notice because they saw me every day.* My pediatrician was the one to wave a red flag.*

If your daughter is healthy and happy (not crying all the time cause of possible headaches or something), then she might be fine.* Also, you didn't mention her eyes, which is a good sign.* When I was a baby, I got "sunset eyes", common with hydrocephalus.* It's when your eyes appear really wide all the time--and I do mean really wide, noticeable.* My parents used to call me "spooky" because they thought it was just a funny face I was making.* Anyway, that indicates a pressure build-up caused by the*spinal fluid.

Trust your instincts, but keep in mind that some babies--and people--just have big heads. *

Michelle*

Old 02-02-2004, 03:20 PM
catarina

Hi Michelle<br> <br> Thank you for your reply. My daughter has made a scan and everything is just fine. As you said "some babies just have big heads..."<br> <br> I wish you all the best.<br> Catarina* <br>
Old 03-29-2004, 09:14 PM
AnnaD

I am a 17 year old student researching to obtain a more intimate knowledge of the lives of people with SB. I am conducting a survey for anyone who is willing to answer. If you are interested email me and i will send the survey your way!*(It is extremely short and will take only a few minutes) The survey*is strictly for academic purposes and all the information will be confidential. If you feel this is inappropriate of me to ask on here. Please don't hesitate to tell me. Thank you very much!