Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Banned

Default Need to find a support group

Connected

We just moved to Ontario Canada from Colorado about 3 months ago and I really want to get connected with some other moms and a support group for SB&H.* My son was born in December of 07 and has both.* Does anyone live in Canada or know how to get connected?*

Thanks

Old 08-31-2008, 11:47 AM
CathyE

Connected ,

I am an* adult diagnosed at age 50 & attend an adult support group mostly by phone here in Toronto.

Have you phoned the SBHAO office to see if there is a support group for families in your area?

ALSO! have a look at this page:

<a target="_blank" href= "http://www.sbhao.on.ca/events-AGM.asp">http://www.sbhao.on.ca/events-AGM.asp</A>

It is the Annual General Meeting on 9/27/08 and Dr. Kulkarni, NS is speaking about pediatric Hydrocephalus and recent advances in the treatment and understanding* of it.

Remember to RSVP by mail or phone:

Toronto & GTA (416) 214-1056 OR*1-800-387-1575<BR>Also if you become an SBHAO member, you will receive newletters and there is also one for our youth!

Welcome to Ontario and god luck finding (or starting?) a support group!

Cathy

Old 09-09-2008, 03:30 AM
Banned

Welcome to Ontario!

SB&H have been a tremendous support for us.* My daughter was born with hydro (later learned this was secondary to a brain tumor).* If you haven't become a member of SB&H, you really should check them out -they have great resources available to you and support.*

We'll be attending the meeting later this month.* If you're able to go (I know having a young one can make travel difficult), you might get a lot out of the conference.* We went for the first time last year and it was great to meet people face-to-face and connect.

Take care, Amy

Old 10-14-2009, 09:55 PM

I am not sure what type of support group you are looking for, but there are quite a few support groups on facebook, that allow mothers/parents/family to connect with others that are going through the same thing you are.....That is where I found the Hydrocephalus Support Group that I belong to....
Other then that, I have not been able to find anything in the area that I am from, without having to drive at least an hour to connect with other people.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Lucitaouisa

I want a find a support group so please tell me any group..........
Old 09-24-2013, 09:08 AM

I am also open to joining a support group. Ontario is a little far away though. Send me a private message if you'd like to join an online support group that I am attempting to start up. Thank you and I wish you well.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 PM

Have you tried scouring the Internet for local support groups in your area? Forums provide a great deal of support to people who are suffering from one affliction or another, but seeing people face to face allows you to create a stronger bond and you can even become really great friends. I know that a lot of support groups are affiliated with churches and hospitals, so try those avenues. but I think that a quick Internet search could help you find the group you need.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:24 PM

Default Support Group

where in Ontario?