Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 PM

Default SB Summer Camps?

Hope everyone is well!

I'm sooo thrilled.* My daughter is learning to self-cath.**Actually, I would say that she *has* learned to self-cath.* There were definately some difficult times; lots of tears and frustration.* I really could not imagine that one day she would be able to self-cath!

Anyway, I am now thinking that she would benefit from attending some type of summer camp for children with SB.* Does anyone know of one?

Thanks in advance,

Tessa

Old 05-09-2008, 02:12 PM

Default SB Summer Camps?

there are easter seals camps for kids with a kinds of disablities.check out the easter seals website.<br> i've not heard of a strictly SB camp in canada, although there is one in Illinois.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:34 PM

Default SB Summer Camps

Has anyone been researching or signing up for summer camps and programs for you kids?

Are there free programs at the parks in your area?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:14 AM

Default SB Summer Camps

I am a grandfather caregiver for my ten year old grandson is there any summer camps or programs that he can attend that we can get help with. I live on LI
Old 11-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Default Summer Camps

Most cities have an integrated program through their parks and recreation department and you would need to contact them directly to find out costs.

Easter Seal Society Summer Camps are open to children with physical disabilities http://www.eastersealscamps.org/

Camp Awakening http://www.campawakening.com/html/

YMCA's also have many integrated programs.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:01 AM
D.Owevy

Default SB Summer Camps

Has anyone heard anything about these summer camps? I am considering trying it, though the price is quite high. I would like some input before choosing this camp, thanks.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:23 PM
D.Owevy

Default SB Summer Camps

<html>Anybody have idea for summer badminton camps for kids <br> U-9 and U-11 ?<br>Im interesting for camps in Europe.<br>Mladen.
</html>
Old 09-22-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infolady View Post
Most cities have an integrated program through their parks and recreation department and you would need to contact them directly to find out costs.

Easter Seal Society Summer Camps are open to children with physical disabilities http://www.eastersealscamps.org/

Camp Awakening http://www.campawakening.com/html/

YMCA's also have many integrated programs.
Thank you for this informative post! I am going to check out your links right now. My local YMCA does not offer any integration programs but I am sure that I will find something that we can attend from your links above. Thanks again.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:46 PM

It is important for our children to have social interactions.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:47 PM

I think that going to camp is a great way for children with disabilities to learn to be more self sufficient. Congrats to your daughter...self cathing is no picnic and the fact that she has not only learned to do it herself and is willing to take that step is huge. Going to camp will help her develop more social skills and life skills that she will need in order to live on her own. I highly recommend it.