Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:54 AM
christal

Default devin anthony

Connected im christal! i have a three year old son named DEVIN. he has hydrocephalus. devin got a shunt at three days old at mcmaster in hamilton. devin will be 4 in august and this little boy is amazing. i read book after book and stayed*up late reading online. and every thing i read is bad. then i think no this is not true look at devin. he is normal but then what is normal. i do not know one person with hydrocephalus. i would like to know what his future would hold for him and see if i can stop that from happening now.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Banned

Default devin anthony

Connected
Old 12-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

Default devin anthony

Connected

Hi Christal,* My grandson is 8 years old and has hydrocephalus.* He is doing fine.*

I also have heard of many children with this disease that have done very well at school.* Of course he is going to be assessed by the hospital I am sure.

There is a site called Braintalk Forum.* The people on this forum are older and are survivors with hydrocephalus.* If you look it up, join, you can talk to many people who have hydro and who are functioning in this world.* Please email me if you have trouble finding the site and God Bless you and your family.

Hydrograndma

Old 12-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

Default devin anthony

Hi Crysal,

My name is Ingrid Exner, I am 37, I have hydrocephalus and* I live in Burlington. I have had hydrocephalus* since* I was 1.5* years and have had approximately 11 revisions. I just wated to lett you know that* you* are not alone out here (* even though I sometimes feel that way.) I* recently found out that* one of my* sorority sisters*has an adult (adopted) nephew with hydroocephalus but he* doesn't really talk about it.

We are both working professionals. If* you ever to talk, feel free to conecct with me.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:18 AM
Banned

Default devin anthony

Connected

Hi,

Having hydrocephalus is nothing to be ashamed of.* My goodness, there but for the grace of God go I.* It is a medical disease just as any disease we have.* Please never be ashamed, just thank God that he saved your life and that you are here in this world to do good and be an example to others.

God Bless

Hydrograndma*

Old 04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

Default devin anthony

Connected

I too had hydrocephalus at just before 1 year old I will be 41 this year and have been very luck, I had the shunt implant done at the time of finding the hydocephalus and have had only one surgery and never had any problems - I have been very lucky.

I too would be more than happy to chat if you need to.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 AM
soimajazz

Default Bright Star Smile

Hello everyone, and i read this post, this is so informative and so energetic. thanks for shearing a nice info,