Home      Members List      Register Now!

Go Back   SB&H Forum > Hydrocephalus Community > Connect with others

Old 02-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

Default I s There Anybody Outthere

Connected

Hi everybody kinda new to this.* Here to meet people with Hydrocephalus like me.* Hope people still come to this site haven't seen much action in a while.* Hope to here from some one soon.*******************

*********************************************** ****************************************** PUNCH

Old 02-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Banned

Hey, PUNCHSTYLE

I'm also quite new to this, I'm looking for information on what to tell medical proffessionals and insurance underwriters as hydrocephalus seems to throw up red flags and I keep getting declined for basic health benefits.* Maybe someone can help and give me some pointers or tips.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Donna

I have hyrdrocephalus, a VP shunt, have had well over 50 revisions and still got life insurance.* (1)* Don't apply directly, go thru an insurance broker (they know how to help you jump thru all the hoops successfully.) (2) I needed to be surgery free for at least three years and a letter from my surgeon stating my life expectancy was normal.* (3) the name of the insurance company that gave me life insurance was Manulife Financial in Waterloo, Ontario.* The semi-private room coverage was from the 1-800-COVERME people and not Manulife Financial.

Good Luck

Old 07-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Banned

Hi all,

I am new here and just wanted to drop you all a quick line to say: Yes, someone is out there.

tbalsillie@yahoo.com

Old 11-14-2009, 10:37 PM
amitydayDum

Looking for some really good,trust worthy affiliate programs out there
any suggestions?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:22 PM

Hi. hope everyone here is doing well. I don't have hydro myself, though I take care of my nephew who does. My brother and I have been on a mission to discover new and better ways to help Brayden cope with his hydro and have discovered more in this forum than just about anywhere else we've looked. Thanks so much for the opportunity to get to know so many great people and the opportunity to learn more about this condition.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:16 AM

I myself don't have Hydrocephalus, but I am one this forum to learn all about it. I'll like to thank you all for sharing your stories. I think there are quite a few people out there who know nothing about the condition and this forum is an excellent way to find out more about it.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:17 PM

Default New

I'm new here as well. Although I do not have Hydrocephalus, there are people out there that care and want to hear from others and listen. You are not alone.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:33 PM

I think that hydro is a much misunderstood condition and that there are so many differing degrees of this condition that it makes it tough to help others through their struggles. I know that while my nephew shares a few of the symptoms described here, he most certainly doesn't have many of the more severe symptoms. I often wonder whether this is because he's just simply younger than the others on the forum or if it's because he has a milder form. I hope it's the latter. Anyway, welcome to the forum. There are plenty of folks out here who can offer advice, support and friendship. It's nice to know that you're not out there alone.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:24 PM

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch71 View Post
Connected <br/><br/> Hi everybody kinda new to this.* Here to meet people with Hydrocephalus like me.* Hope people still come to this site haven't seen much action in a while.* Hope to here from some one soon.******************* <br/><br/> ************************************************** *************************************** PUNCH <br/><br/>
Hi there! I guess that's there much more people online at night hours or at weekends when they have a lot of spare time.
Anyways it's nice to have you here and hope you'll enjoy posting on this forum!