Home      Members List      Register Now!

Go Back   SB&H Forum > Spina Bifida Community > Connect with others

Old 08-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Banned

Default Disability Benefits

I was wondering of there is anyone who can help me find information on how to receive a permanent disabilty pension. I was born with Spina Bifida and I will never be able to work. I currently collect ODSP but the amount changes depending on what my husband makes. Some months I hardly get anything and were finding it hard to cope.

Any info you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thank you, Anastasia

Old 07-14-2011, 04:55 AM

Default Money issues

Because ODSP is tied to what other income your family may have there is little you can do about it. You're not going to get rich on it. I often wish it were more possible to survive on it. Just keep remembering that yeah they claw back half your husband's income and then throw in an extra $100 because they're such wonderful people<kidding> make sure you get all the breaks you can find at tax time and remember the immortal words of "ABBA: "It's a rich man's world."
Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 PM

I've heard almost everyone is denied on their first attempt. It is a long process where you have to hold onto hope for any sort of aid. There are too many people abusing the system to get away with any little bit that they can.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:19 AM
Banned

Wink Graduate School Cost

Going to school everyday is very important because you are preparing for your future. But you will surely need a lot of money in order to stay in school. Education is a costly undertaking. When the economy is down, however, deciding if that cost is worth it could be difficult.