Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 07-10-2005, 02:59 AM
Banned

Default Adoption

Hi there, I'm new at this, but very excited to be here. My family and I are adopting a beautiful baby boy who has spina bifida/hydrocephalus.

*He is such a wonderful part of our lives, and I know I'll learn lots from others who have gone through what our little one will go through. He has a lower thoracic lesion and has no movement or sensation ,as far as we are able to tell, below his lower abdomen. We are presently catheterizing him every 3 hours. He has regular PT and OT as well as being followed by the Early Childhood development program. I feel that we are well supported in our community, and Bloorview has been a great resource for us as well.

*Babe is 8 months old now and we are always looking for new advice to make sure we are doing what's best for him. He is very active and bright, he is trying to roll but hasn't quite made it on a consistent basis yet. I'm looking forward to learning from all of your experiences!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Banned

Default Adoption

Hi Susan,

Congratulations on the adoption of your beautiful baby boy!* I am sure you and your family are so blessed to have him!**I hope you are enjoying him, what a wonderful blessing for all of you!

Karyn**

Old 09-15-2005, 03:33 AM
donnamarie

Default Adoption

Congratulations

Good for you and good for him!* Best wishes for the future adventures.* Like any new baby,its a constant joy.* sounds like you've been a Mom before so just follow your gity feelings and your wee one will do just fine.*

Isn't it great to have a spot like this for folks to share?*

Old 09-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Banned

Default Adoption

CONGRATULATIONS!!!<BR>Well, if you found this site, I'm hoping you made the leap to become a member of SB&H.* There are programs and services and resources available that you could probably make some use of.* Some fun events, too!

I LOVE that this board is becoming more active. Great to have new folks around...welcome!