Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 PM

Default Othe important vitamins

Is folic acid the only important vitamin to be worried about when suffering form Spina Bifida. I know it is one of the most important vitamins but which other ones are there, do we need to look out for. They may not be that common but I am sure the role they play could be of utter importance.

Please list your other important vitamins to be aware of or that are need, when suffering from the disorder.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:13 AM

Nothing specific but I think a multivitamin can help tenfold without having to grab a prescription to get them, it can help with general dietary stability whilst also being relatively cheap!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 PM

Wink Vitamins

I have been taking Jamieson brand Omega 3 Brain vitamins which has helped with both my short-term memory and my depression. I also take Valerian root capsules 2, 1/2 hour prior to my bed time. They help me get a deep sleep.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:11 AM

I cannot think of any specific vitimans to be on the lookout for at this moment. The folic acid is the only one I have been informed of also. If I hear of anything else, I will come back and post.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:46 PM

Is folic acid a necessity if you are born with Spina Bifida? Of course I had always known how important it was for me to get plenty of folic acid in my diet when I was pregnant with both of my children, but I didn't know that this was an ongoing concern after the baby with SB was born. I would think a basic multivitamin would provide you with everything you need if you are battling this condition. But I would love for someone to weigh in and give me more information about this.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsososo4 View Post
Is folic acid the only important vitamin to be worried about when suffering form Spina Bifida. I know it is one of the most important vitamins but which other ones are there, do we need to look out for. They may not be that common but I am sure the role they play could be of utter importance.

Please list your other important vitamins to be aware of or that are need, when suffering from the disorder.

Beans
Citrus fruits and juices
Egg yolks
Dark green vegetables, such as broccoli and spinach

Best luck!
Elizabeth
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 PM

Other than those you just need to take care of yourself. Keep healthy!

Tags
vitamins