Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:24 PM

Default Has anyone ever had seizures?

I have to say that all these years I have been affected by different things and one of them was a seizure. I was up late years ago while in the six grade and I woke up out of bed and I was not feeling good my brother was up as well and noticed something wrong with me. He then called out for mom and then both my mom and dad came up to check me. My sister had to call 911 and I rushed to the hospital. In 2002 I had to take a medicine called Integretol to help prevent another seizure. I want to know if anyone else had a seizure before and want to share it.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:09 PM

Default Seizures

I have never had seizures but knew a friend who did. We loved playing video games together and if we played them for too long he would suddenly stiffen and become inert for about a minute or two. He would never recall anything after the seizure. His was apparently a petit mal type of seizure.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:22 PM

I never had petit mal type seizures I had a big one that immobilized me for good. Being in that hospital was not fun over the years I had to have numerous tests and be on medication. I am humble to be alive but I did not like being on that medicine.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 AM

It is important that anyone who is having seizures has them investigated to try to work out what is causing them. You might well find that there is something specific that you could change about your lifestyle which would mean that you would no longer suffer from the seizures. It's good that you've managed to find a medication that can help you to reduce the chance of you suffering again, and my message to everyone is that they should do the same, because it is not worth the risk of not getting it checked out.