Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 09-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Banned

Default incontinence

Hi there ,

*My son has the Chait trapdoor and we are currently working with ditropan and catheters for bladder control.Not seeing much luck though.We're trying to get him out of diapers but his bladder seems to want to function in it's own way.He is 7 and is realizing that he is the only kid at school with all these issues.I am really worried about getting this bladder issue under control.Any ideas anyone?It would be greatly appreciated.

sherry

Old 09-28-2004, 04:56 PM

Default incontinence

Hi Sherry,

My daughter also has the Chait trap door and is on intermittent cathertization.* She's 8 years old and was born with lipomyelomeningocele.

What does your urologist say?* Has he had a urodynamics test?* What options has your urologist presented you.

We also are just starting to have problems with leaking between cath times.* Our urologist has suggested we increase our cath time from every 4 hours to every 3.* She's also on ditropan and I asked about upping her dosage, which would be do-able but may increase side-effects.* We chose to try the increase cath time.* In fact, our urologist said its not uncommon to cath every 2 to 3 hours.* He's not concerned given that her bladder pressures are low but her volumne is low also.* Eventually, she may need a bladder augmentation.

Pam

Old 10-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Banned

Default incontinence

my son is 13 years old and we found out the ditropan cause them to *be anorexic and bilimic

this we found out when he was 8 and he only weight 30 lbs and today he weights 75 lbs which is good that he is gain wieght

if anyone wants to talk my email.address is <a target="_blank" href= "mailto:hotwheels551@hotmail.com">hotwheels551@hot mail.com</A>

Old 10-06-2004, 04:37 PM

Default incontinence

Hi

Are you saying that your son is not on ditropan any longer?* If not, then what medication is he on.

My daughter needs to be on medication to control her bladder spasms as well as prevent bladder thickening.* It has also helped her attain a greater level of continence.

Old 12-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Banned

Default incontinence

Hi

im a 26 yrs female, that uses catherdals, for the bladder.* A few years ago i was having problems with accidents and couldn't hold much in my bladder, i ended up having surgery first to make my bladder bigger then i had another surgery to put a pump to control the bladder muscle. (sorry don't have the exact spelling of the surgery)

both of these surgeries have helped greater, i don't have accidents anymore, which is good with being out and about.* And i was able to get out of diapers.

if you want to talk my e-mail is <a target="_blank" href= "mailto:rosie_johnston1@hotmail.com">rosie_johnsto n1@hotmail.com</A>

hope to hear from ya