Home      Members List      Register Now!

Go Back   SB&H Forum > Spina Bifida Community > Connect with others

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2004, 06:22 PM
sherry sherry is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 0
Default single parenting with no help from former

My name is Sherry and I am the single parent of a 7 year old boy with L2 SB and Hydracephalus. I have no help from his father who lives acorss the road from us.I am feeling very stressed and guilty right now.I feel like a nurse more than a mother.My son was recently in the hospital with problems and the doctors said he may be having seizures in his sleep.I need some advice here.Lost as usual.Lol

Thanks for listening

Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:52 PM
morningdove morningdove is offline
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 0
Default single parenting with no help from former

I am also a single parent, but my ex will help out whenever he can.* He didn't always help when we were still together.* He was in denial and felt*guilty a lot of the time. *He*was also*afraid he would hurt our son when doing medical procedures that have to be done daily. With a lot of positive encouragement he started to do it.* Have you looked into getting some respite and/or nursing*from your local CCAC?* It helps to get out of the house, take a break and get rid of the stress.* You're better able to cope when you come back into the home. As for your ex; give it a little time. If you are on speaking terms, see if he can do a small task for you and your son.* This may boost his confidence and he may want to help out a little more.

Don't give up hope. Tomorrow's a new day!

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.