Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:31 AM
cornhuskdoll

Default Teens with Spina Bifida

Now that I'm a teen-ager, what happens?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:07 PM
donnamarie

Default Teens with Spina Bifida

hi cornhusk,

I think your note really touches on something important.

I've been noticing, and in my own life too, that there is point where a person leaves that child-state and has to take on all his or her care.* And how well informed are we about*the*whole history?* Its not easy assuming control of our destiny especially when dealing with medical professionals and just dealing with our lives at the same time.

I think a person has to assemble a team of care-givers and supporter *which I think the Assocation can help with.* Its work and requires patience .. which can be so frustrating.

I was at a conference recently and the one thing the people worrking in this feild have noticed is the gap that does happen when a person goes from family to their own...just as you seemed to imply...now what?

I was looking at the sites of folks adopting kids and having kids and I sure hope they are thinking about how to help their children make that transition from being care-for to caring* for themselves.

I'm 48 and its still a sturggle to fing answers and get support finacially and emotionally.*** Best wishes and be vigilant...its your life and your health.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Default Teens With Spina Bifida

The Association can certainly help with your transition into adulthood. We have resources available to assist you on this journey. You can also contact us directly at 1-800-387-1575 for support with specific issues. For example, transitioning from a Children's Treatment Centre to the adult care centres.
Closed Thread