Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 11-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Banned

Default Lumbar Spinal Fluid Drainage Trial NPH

I was diagnosed with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus in 2001. i am currently 62 years young. Due to many different opinions and confliction from several doctors regarding my condition, I turned to the Cleveland Clinic for help. Last week I underwent a test called Lumbar Spinal Fluid Drainage Trial for NPH. (designed to test if a future shunt would be of help to my condition)*It has been 2 days since I returned home to Michigan and so far have not experienced any positive results. I am wondering if there are any other patients out there who have gone through this test and*how long it took to notice improvement. Also, having never experienced headaches in my life, since the test, I have had ongoing terrible headaches and am worried why it is not diminishing. I was only told to visit my regular doc if the headache continues. Anybody out there that can give me some insight?*
Old 11-22-2003, 02:58 AM
Banned

Default Lumbar Spinal Fluid Drainage Trial NPH

Hello,

I would like to know what kind of headache you have. When you lie down, do you feel any improvement or*is your headache constant. I have congenital hydrocephalus and have been experiencing both kinds of headaches since March of this year. Sometimes they are related to the shunt, other times, the neurosurgeon cannot explain why I have a headache. I have had eleven surgeries this year and I am still experiencing headaches. This time, only when in vertical position. What*I feel is an intense pressure on the top pf my head.

The advice I give you is not to wait, I know how painful a headache can be. Ask your general doctor to refer you to a neurosurgeon, at least to help diminish the pain until a decision is made.

Keep me posted on how the situation progresses.

Take care,