Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Banned

Default Anything?

Hello-I am looking for*any news on research and development for new*treatment of Hydrocephalus.* My son is 2 and growing fast (a good thing) but I am so afraid*of what the*doctors so politely call a "Shunt revision".* Does anyone have*any websites I can search or*know of any new findings?*

Old 10-19-2007, 01:20 AM
Banned

Default Anything?

Connected Hi there,my name is Pam and I have a 14 month old who just underwent her 2nd shunt revision..she has spinabifida and hydra... she is new to my family only bieng in my care now since August so all of this is very new to me... I have been reading some of* the postings and feel very overwhelmed for the baby... no one tells you what to expect, our baby* is behind she does not walk or crawl yet although she can sit she seems to be getting stronger and I am told she will walk...does your son walk? Well I could really write a novel here but will refrain hope to hear from you soon...Pam
Old 11-22-2007, 04:04 AM
Drea

Default Anything?

Connected

My daughter is now 7, she had been diagnosed at 6weeks old, with Hydrcephalus, and had her 1st shunt revision at 14 months. She was a late walker also, did not even start until 15 months*to take steps. Shunt revision, I believe really means to put a new one in, that is what my daughter had done, the old one taken out and a new one put in. Back then I was also told she may not walk or run, but she does, and has been taking dance for 4 years now..you know kiddy dance.