Home      Members List      Register Now!

Go Back   SB&H Forum > Spina Bifida Community > Connect with others

Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

Default Very new here! please leave me any info

I am 25 yo, and 6 months pregnant. I just founf out that my son will beborn with sb, the fluid on his brain has not progressed to the level of hydro yet, but they are xpecting the need for a shunt.

I havn't had nay luck finding others woth young children or nb babies with sb. I am wondering how long the hospital stay is for children with sb? when do they do surgery? i have millions of q's and don't really know where to turn any info or direction you could offer me would be much appreciatde.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Banned

Connected

Go to Spina Bifida site on internet - I am sure they will help and good luck.

Hydrograndma

Old 04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

Connected

There is a program that is being done through the Hospital for Sick Kids, called the Sandi Project, I don't know if they will be able to help you but you could reach out to them as another source - the phone number to contact them is 416-813-7440

Hope this helps - I am an SB female, turned 40 last year, always wanted a child but have not met Mr. Right - you have a long road ahead, but as someone who has survived and been supported by my entire family and friends as long as you have a good support system you will do great.

I don't remember a lot about my youth, but if i can help i will be more than happy to do so, i can always ask my Parents for some information if you need anything.* I had a shunt installed before i was one year old, and its the only one I have ever had.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:32 AM
Banned

Hey Wheels where are u from?

I am 34 yrs old and waiting for back surgery.* I have SB and Hydro although I am not currently using my shunt.* I also have Scholiosis and always have gone to TO for appointment and*surgeries.*

*Maybe we can email back and forth

my email is <a target="_blank" href= "mailto:queenee1973@sympatico.ca">queenee1973@symp atico.ca</A>

Will be waiting to hear from u.

P.s I live in Hamilton

Debbie