Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 02-23-2016, 06:37 AM

Default Random headaches

Since December 30 I have been having minor headaches. They come on once in the morning and one in the afternoon. These headaches only last about 15 to 20 minutes and affect my sinuses and vision. These headaches typically start with stiffness in my neck in work its way around my sinus region. If the pain on my sinuses gets to be too strong that's when my eyesight becomes affected. My eyesight becomes blurry and almost completely blacked out. I wanted to avoid having any major test done so I went to my doctor who thinks they're migraines. She put me on an every day version of Topamax but that along with ibuprofen doesn't seem to help. So I decided to get my eyes checked.

After getting my eyes checked, The eye doctor told me that I needed to make an appointment with ophthalmology right away in the morning. She found a hemorrhage in one eye and fogginess in the other. The ophthalmologists did the same type of test and found a hemorrhage in both eyes as well as the fogginess. She started talking about it being caused by pressure in the head. So I suggested maybe it had to do with my shunt. She had me make an appointment with my neurologist right away

The neural surgeon took CT scans and compare them to the one I had 10 years ago. She found no difference and suggested that she would talk to the ophthalmologist to see if there was any thing that might be causing the vision problems. If they can't come up with something they think that it might be a malfunction in my shunt. I have not had a shunt revision since I was four years old and I'm now 32. So of course my brain is going into overdrive thinking about this.

Has anyone out there ever had this type of random headache and if so do you have any other ideas of what it could be causing it?