Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:42 PM

Default Pregnancy

What should a pregnant woman with Spina Bifida expect for delivery natural or C-section?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:25 AM

This probably depends on how bad the spina bifida is in its state. I would say natural but then again it can wind up being a c-section if the woman's condition is that bad.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:23 PM

You can't really say for sure, because it depends on a number of things. Labour can be surprising even for women who are perfectly healthy. Even if the woman does opt for a natural birth, it is almost certain that they will be monitored more closely, with a theatre team at the ready in case anything should go wrong. If there is any major risk to the health of the mother than a section would probably be advised, but usually not forced, so you would simply have to discuss things with your doctor to try and find the best way to move forward.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:18 AM

That is true labor can be surprising for women with good health. I think talking to the doctor would be advised. Hopefully if going for the c-section you have a really trained medical staff in the process.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:35 AM

It depends on the state of Spina Bifida, but I think that C-section would be the best option in this case.