Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned

Default kids in the sea

Hello, My daughter is 5 years old and has spina bifida. I am finally going on vacation with my daughter and younger son. We are going to Great Britain and I would like to take my daughter in the ocean, however I cannot find any wetsuit/ swim gear that will keep her legs warm enough. I know sprint aquatics has a therapy wetsuit but it is only for the upper body. Any information anybody can give me would be appreciated. Thank you

Old 01-25-2014, 12:13 PM

I know that now they have thermal swim wear that is available. I would do some research to find the best brand for you and your child. Not being able to participate in things can be frustrating but now there are ways around certain restrictions. The best thing to do is to look into what suit can work for your daughter.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:22 PM

Oh wow....I hadn't even thought of it. I know it won't help your immediate situation, but have you considered talking to wetsuit manufacturers to see if they might be interested in developing something like this? You might have hit on an idea that would make a multimillion dollar enterprise. There are so many people who suffer from this condition who could benefit.