Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:48 PM

Default Folate derived food

Folate (vitamin B9) is an essential nutrient found green, leafy vegetables, broccoli, peas, corn, oranges, grains, cereals, and meats. Folate has a important role in the synthesis of DNA, and consequently cell division. Significant folate deficiency can lead to macrocytic anemia. Folic acid, a synthetic form of folate, is used in multivitamins supplements because it is better absorbed.

Other than supplementation, do you try to consume any foods daily to deliver more of this vitamin into your system? If you don't take this supplement how much of these types of foods do you consume and in what form, i.e smoothies;juices ettc...
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty7 View Post
Folate (vitamin B9) is an essential nutrient found green, leafy vegetables, broccoli, peas, corn, oranges, grains, cereals, and meats. Folate has a important role in the synthesis of DNA, and consequently cell division. Significant folate deficiency can lead to macrocytic anemia. Folic acid, a synthetic form of folate, is used in multivitamins supplements because it is better absorbed.

Other than supplementation, do you try to consume any foods daily to deliver more of this vitamin into your system? If you don't take this supplement how much of these types of foods do you consume and in what form, i.e smoothies;juices ettc...
The best method to acquire any type of nutrients is to maintain a healthy diet. There is an exceptional way to increase these nutrients simply by taking vitamins such as Vitamin B9, B12, D2, and D3. Drinking grass grind juice is a perfect to have an excessive nutrients in your system. Taking vitamins would not be the top priority if there is a minimum intake of healthy food. The reason people take vitamins is a way increase a lack of nutrients.

Last edited by dailypost1; 10-08-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:37 PM

I fully concur with misty, maintaining a healthy diet is the most important thing you can do for your self. Remember as much as the body really needs a lot of folic acid especially with Spina Bifida, you need to also realise that there in nothing better than a healthy diet.

There is no specific food that should be more than the other, the most important thing is to acquire all your folic acid vitamins from the different food groups. In that way you would be doing your system a huge favour. Too much of anything is not good, enough of everything is the best. Please always keep that in mind
Old 01-26-2014, 04:01 PM

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I craved salads...a lot of salads. I think that I got the majority of my folate from oatmeal and broccoli, lol. I ate so much of it that I thought that I would never be able to look at either of them again. Thank goodness it didn't end up that way. I think that eating these foods along with taking my prenatal vitamins gave me the folic acid I needed to prevent spinda bifida.