Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 05-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Banned

Default Fibromyalgia

Hi! I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia two years ago and although the diagnosis gave me some relief (since I've spent the past 7 years trying to find out what was wrong with me) I am not coping very well. I wonder if there is someone out there willing to share their experience and tips on how to overcome the limitations.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:32 PM

Yes, I was also diagnosed with fibro. It is a terrible, constant pain that lingers and lingers. I recommend medical marijuana. I hope for your sake that you live in a state that legalized it. Don't over do it at first. Try baking instead of smoking. I also recommend massage therapy. That helps a lot with my shoulders, neck and back.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 PM

The weather changed drastically over the past week and my fibro is really acting up today. It got so cold and damp outside. I have been bed-ridden all day and my husband is taking care of the kids. I feel so useless. What strategies do you have to cope with the day to day pain? I am considering going back to caffeine just to get some energy. I wish I was young again.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Yes, the constant unending pain and aches are unbearable at times. I enjoy working out even though I have this pain. I try to push through my work outs. I am really into health so I do a lot of juicing and deep meditations. I usually do feel a lot better afterwards. I think that with constant attention of trying to be more healthy and natural that I will greatly reduce the pain.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:59 AM

I was thinking of doing acupuncture for my fibromyalgia. I decided to go with acupressure for now. I have been at it a couple of weeks and I tell you what, I do
feel much better. I am not as stiff and achy as I was before.I was told by one therapist that acupuncture would be a moere deeper and intense treatment. I think
maybe I will continued the usage of this modality first then transfer to acupuncture.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:40 PM

I don't think my nephew has fibromyalgia, but I know my mother in law has this, though unrelated to hydro. She insists that keeping warm, improving the blood flow in her muscles helps, but since she also takes pain meds regularly, I don't know if the warm baths and keeping the heat up in her home really helps or if it's her excuse to not turn the air conditioner on in the summer, lol. Anyway, I've also heard her say that the few times she's has a therapeutic massage has helped, especially the ones that use hot stones. Maybe this can help someone out there who is suffering from fibro as well.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 PM

I have been doing yoga and Qigong exercises . Both of these have helped a lot with my circulation which in turn has helped to make me feel more pliable and movable. I am not experiencing as much discomfort as I used to. With continued practice I will probably not experience any pain at all. I know some people are not into the whole natural thing but if it works why not try it.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:54 PM

My mother in law recently asked me about some new medication that has come out for the treatment of Fibro and asked me what I thought about it. I can't remember the name of it and I was going to ask the forum whether anyone here was using it. I am always wary of new medications as I feel as though there simply isn't enough long term data on them to see what will happen after someone has taken them for 10 years or longer. Anyone know which med I'm talking about?