Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:31 PM

Default Positive components of hydro

Have you found any silver linings with hydrocephalus? For one, it allows me to stay with my child much more than I would if he were not diagnosed. I am thankful to be a stay at home parent. Do you have anything positive to share with respect to parenting a child with hydrocephalus?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 AM

Default Positive components of hydro

Yeah it is true that when you have a child with hdra you will tend to sit around to take care of him or her. It creates a good bond between the parent and child and this makes them feel appreciated in the family.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:47 AM

One thing I would say it gives you more time to do a lot of introspection in life. Meaning that you think more about life, and what it all means, with its many challenges.
This disorder can make you appreciate what you do have, and see that even with the hard battles to fight, that true wealth is within a person in terms
of their true inner worth and beauty. It can also bond you greatly with your loved ones as you all work together to support and nurture the person in your family/life that
is striving even in the midst of this disorder.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
Yeah it is true that when you have a child with hdra you will tend to sit around to take care of him or her. It creates a good bond between the parent and child and this makes them feel appreciated in the family.
That so true it's unreal, I've never actually thought of that side of it before. I guess the amount of time spent between the parent and child can sometimes be more than that of an "ordinary" family so the bond itself is stronger which is always a nice sentiment.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:01 AM

My nephew is hydroccepahlic and to be honest, I think he's probably one of the best kids I've ever been around. I don't feel sorry for him at all. He does very well on his own. All he needs is for everyone to show him a little patience and he'll do just fine. I know that this is a testament to how much time my brother and sister in law have spent with him. He's a pretty special kid and I know that I am a better person just for having had the opportunity to know him. He's taught me and my children a lot about having compassion, kindness and patience with others, which I think are lessons that can only truly be taught under circumstances such as these.