Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:58 PM

Default Daughter with SB at L5-S1

Hello everyone!

It's been ages since I've logged in here. What a nice-looking change to the forum.

My daughter is now 12. She self-cathetarizes. Still having bowel issues. Just can't seem to get her to drink more water. She does walk. She has some learning difficulties, but overall is doing well.

I think she would really benefit from meeting other children like her, but that has not been easy.

Anway, I'll be sure to check back more frequently.

Take care.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:32 AM

Hi There!

My daughter is 11 (12 in August) and sounds a lot like your daughter. She is L4-L5, walks with AFO's, caths herself, Oxybutynin. She also has bowel issues which besides her learning disabilities is her only major issue.

I think my daughter would really enjoy meeting another girl her age with similar issues. Where abouts do you live? I'm in Kitchener.

Email me at fortierfour@gmail.com and maybe they can be email pals to start and if they hit it off and we are close enough...some day get the girls together.

Tanya
Old 02-20-2011, 11:22 AM
EmelineAdkinsonr

Default fish recipes

Took me time to read all the feedback, however I really loved the forum.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:26 AM

Hi Tanya.

I sent you an email. I am so sorry that I had not logged in here much sooner

Tessa
Old 09-14-2011, 03:16 AM

My daughter is now 13. She self-caths, has bowel issues and some mild learning disabilities. It's been difficult finding another child around the same age who she can relate to. Anyone have any suggestions? We are in Hamilton, but I'm willing to travel.

Thank you.

Last edited by yeayea; 09-14-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeayea View Post
Hello everyone!

It's been ages since I've logged in here. What a nice-looking change to the forum.

My daughter is now 12. She self-cathetarizes. Still having bowel issues. Just can't seem to get her to drink more water. She does walk. She has some learning difficulties, but overall is doing well.

I think she would really benefit from meeting other children like her, but that has not been easy.

Anway, I'll be sure to check back more frequently.

Take care.
Hi, I have a 12 yr old who has self cath since she was 5. Has a cycostomy button for her bowels and has just went through a surgery for a tethered spinal cord. I feel that I wish others had told all things to look for. And I hope I can be a help for others. New to this site and not quite sure how to navigate around it yet. contact me Skelly as I would love to chat and share some experiences.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:11 PM

Hi Skelly!

I sent you a pm. Hope to hear back from you. Sorry, I only just sawing your post today
Old 04-02-2012, 11:38 PM

Default Hello

I also have a 12 year old daughter with spina bifida. She needs a friend that goes through the same thing. Maybe we can keep in touch and get the both girls to pen pal each other.
my name is Colleen and my daughters name is Payton, I can't wait to hear from you.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 AM

Hi Colleen.

Feel free to pm me or email skittax82002@yahoodotca. I'm sure my daughter would like to connect with other girls her age, with sb.

Tessa