Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Banned

Default tethered cord

My daughter has just been diagnosed with spna bifida occulta and tethered cord. She is ten now, and has always had bowel and bladder problems. The doctors want to untether the cord with surgery. Is there anyone on this site who has had this procedure? Any information or views would be welcome.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:36 PM

Default tethered cord

Hi "Wood"

My daughter has lipomyelomeningocele (a form of SBO) and tethered cord.* She's 9 (today).* She has had two untetherings so far.

She also is incontinent so we cath 4x day, she takes ditropan and we had the Chait Trap Door put in so we can administer enemas.* She's in underwear now.

Where are you having surgery?* We're in Ottawa.

There's an email group for parents of* children with tethered cord.* You can find out more information from here:

<a target="_blank" href= "http://www.lfsn.org">www.lfsn.org</A>

Old 05-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

Default tethered cord

Connected

Just read your post and am wondering if* your daughter had the surgery and how she is. My son had the same thing when he was 11 and we didn't know he had spina bifida occulta until then

Old 04-02-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwood View Post
My daughter has just been diagnosed with spna bifida occulta and tethered cord. She is ten now, and has always had bowel and bladder problems. The doctors want to untether the cord with surgery. Is there anyone on this site who has had this procedure? Any information or views would be welcome.
Just went through it with my 12 year old in October. It was a necessary procedure prior to repair her feet that are problamatic. She went through it with ease. But she has a high pain tolerance. It has been very successful as she says she now has more feeling with her bowels and bladder. e-mail me at skelly@yourlink.ca and we can chat further. I am not sure I know how to work this site.