Home      Members List      Register Now!
Old 03-06-2004, 07:30 PM
blondy62cb

Default food for thought

*hi

*i am doing this for my neibhor, she has hydrocephalus, and the drs are doing* much for her. she is 70 yrs old and scared.

apparently one of the doctors told her that there is certain foods that she should eat to help her condition, but the only advice she gave was to go to the library to get info. so i am doing it this way, anybody have suggestions or comments on this.

Old 03-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Banned

Default food for thought

hi

do you know what kinds of foods that the dr. told her to eat,??* how are they to help having hydrocephalus.*???*

i have never heard of certain foods helping, i am 25 and have had hydro all my life.* have she tried any support groups?? they are a big help in getting information, and having people there who are going through the same things its a big help to talk and have someone listen.*

if you or her have any questions you can contact me, i'll try to help.

can i ask where she lives, i might be about to suggest a place for her to get some advice and information, i can't believe the dr.'s would her to go to the library to get information, doesn't seem right.

anyways don't hesitite to*contact me at <a target="_blank" href= "mailto:rosie_johnston1@hotmail.com"> rosie_johnston1@hotmail.com</A>

hope to hear from you soon

Old 03-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Banned

Default food for thought

Hi,

I have had hydrocephalus since the age of four months. Since March 2003, I have had many revisions. The neurosurgeon thinks that I have a shunt problem and a migraine (not a classical*one because I*am not sensitive*to light and do not have nausea, and the pain is not located only in one area). The neurosurgeon is*referring me to a neurologist to treat this component.*We asked him what the possible causes of a migraine can be and he mentionned*that salty foods can be one cause.*What sometimes helps certain people is*to drink coffee to stimulate the*brain cells. However, for some people, it can cause a migraine.*

I hope this helps your neighbor. I send her lots of courage!

Take care,*