Thread: Blocked shunt
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 05:55 AM
Banned

Default Blocked shunt

Shauna:

Thanks for the information. I think I have some serious trouble here, but don't know where to turn for help. My motor skills have been affected dramatically and I'm suffering seizures that resemble epilepsy. I have uncontrollable shaking, accompanied by headaches, nervousness, edema in the eyes and balance problems.

I went to the hospital. I thought I had suffered an epileptic seizure. They did an ECG, Echocardiogram, blood tests and then told me to go home. But I can't handle it here. I live alone. The doctor told me to increase my Clonazapam to four .5 mg. tablets a day, but I'm still getting seizures. He told me I didn't have to come back to the hospital unless my seizures caused me to lose consciousness. That hasn't happened.

But I'm scared and alone. And I don't know what to do with these drugs I don't understand. I take Oxycoten 60 mg. twice a day, Oxycocet (two or less a day as needed), Flomax (for prostate problems), Clonazapam (now four times a day) and Triazalam. And I'm juggling them without knowing what I'm doing. I need some help, but don't know*where to go. The hospital just sends me home.**