SB&H Forum

SB&H Forum (http://www.sbhao.on.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Comments & Suggestions (http://www.sbhao.on.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More ADULT connections (http://www.sbhao.on.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=554)

Sard 01-02-2010 10:47 PM

More ADULT connections

I am a Female living with Spina Bifida.

I would love to have other ADULTS living with the Spina Bifida Disability correspond here. From what I see at this time it seems that the site is more oriented to kids - which I was one once, but I've grown up now and would like to compare notes with ADULTS.

I was born in 1948 and operated on at 3 days of age. I have had ups and downs and many operations. There are a few other things that I have lived with throughout my life, but I will not go into any of this information until I can find someone else who has lived with Spina Bifida.

Sard :)

juniornoah 09-22-2013 08:48 PM

I sort of agree with the original poster. What if we had two separate sections of the forum? One for adults with hydro/sb and one for adults who have kids with these disabilities? That might make things easier in terms of finding support groups and connecting with others.

misty7 10-25-2013 09:53 PM

That sound like a good idea to me. It would make the searches easier for everyone , and put people where they want to be quicker.
It sounds like a good suggestion to make. I know as discussions go, that as we continue to post, that there might be some cross posting from children to adult and vice versa,
but still if the forum was sectioned -up in the way you suggest it may make things easier.

Tigress 04-01-2014 09:55 AM

Or perhaps we could have a sub-forum specifically geared toward teens. :)

infolady 04-03-2014 01:25 PM

SB&H does have two forums through Ability Online for youth with spina bifida and hydrocephalus. These are monitored rooms. Visit our youth section for more details.

Tigress 04-08-2014 04:19 PM

Thanks, didn't see that. By the way I'm way past my teen years ;)

elmarianexx 07-02-2014 04:04 PM

Hey Sard! I guess that there's more adults out there nowadays at this forum. By the way you can always feel free to message me.

Kaseyallan 07-15-2014 01:05 PM

I like the idea of getting together as adults and finding ways to talk to similar aged people.

Profit5500 08-24-2014 05:54 AM

I feel bad for you Sard to have been born with spina bifida. Having those ups and downs in your life made you a stronger person. I don't know people with spina bifida but its a rough one when you have it.

Rhonda 05-28-2017 12:33 AM

Adult that is looking for support with spina bifida in BC

I live in Canada Close to Vancouver BC and I am wanting to hear from other adults who live with SB? I am only now just starting to accept my disability and I am having a struggle dealing with the emotional feelings dealing with this disability and the baggage that comes when you don't accept it and it blocks you from moving on in a positive space with having sb. I never experienced any positive feelings living with sb only anger and sadness. Looking forward to reading people comments or suggestions. My icon would be confused and sadness. Thanks Rhonda