SB&H Forum

SB&H Forum (http://www.sbhao.on.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.sbhao.on.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Do you know someone with Spina Bifida? (http://www.sbhao.on.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8644)

07-12-2014 10:19 PM

Do you know someone with Spina Bifida?

I was looking up Spina Bifida and noticed from the info I was reading that some people have to use braces. Other people could not walk straight so walkers must be used. I do not know anyone who has Spina Bifida in person, so I would not have any personal experiences. If anyone knows a person has someone who has Spina Bifida then shares comments in this post.

07-14-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profit5500 (Post 25435)
I was looking up Spina Bifida and noticed from the info I was reading that some people have to use braces. Other people could not walk straight so walkers must be used. I do not know anyone who has Spina Bifida in person, so I would not have any personal experiences. If anyone knows a person has someone who has Spina Bifida then shares comments in this post.

I never knew of anyone who had it, untill recently when my neighbour had a visitor who has the condition,this person was not using walkers, they were in a wheel chair, so I am still learning about it, not much I can comment yet.

07-14-2014 08:29 PM

I have a friend who has it. She uses a wheelchair to get around mostly, but she can walk with relative ease.

07-14-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irrischano (Post 25459)
I have a friend who has it. She uses a wheelchair to get around mostly, but she can walk with relative ease.

I definitely feel bad for those who cannot walk due to certain spinal complications. I to have be blessed that I do not have any problems walking. I feel bad for your friend who has to use a wheelchair to get around. Is she eating some foods with folic acid in it?

07-17-2014 07:49 AM

I don't know anybody with Spina Bifida, but know quite much about this illness because my father is a doctor.

firelily99 07-22-2014 09:18 PM

I came to ths site because a good friend of mine has a child with SB. In order to help them I felt that I needed to know more about this condition. Glad to have found this site.

07-23-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firelily99 (Post 25553)
I came to ths site because a good friend of mine has a child with SB. In order to help them I felt that I needed to know more about this condition. Glad to have found this site.

If you want to know more about this illness go to the category "General discussions (spina bifida)"
Either way it's really nice of you that you have joined this forum because of your good friend.

07-25-2014 02:53 PM

I know a few people with SB.

07-30-2014 03:43 AM

I just don't know people who have spina bifida where I live. I don't think I may end up meeting anyone with spina bifida.

07-30-2014 05:48 AM

If there were people in a place to meet with spina bifida that would allow me to learn first hand. Instead I don't see anyone other elderly people at the retirement home.