For over 40 years, the Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario (SB&H), has been committed to making a positive difference in the lives of individuals with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus.
For the past several years, the calendar has been filled with beautiful and creative artwork by children and youth whose lives are affected by Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus.
This year, we thought you might like to meet the artists featured in the 2016 calendar and learn a little about them.
Every month, we will feature a new artist. So, keep checking in to read about someone new.
1. How did you come up with the idea for this drawing/painting?
I did this painting for a school art project and it is a re-creation of Lawren Harris’ Spruce and Snow.
2. Why do you like drawing/painting?
I have enjoyed doing some art projects in school however my real passion lies in singing.
3. How did you feel when you heard your drawing/painting was selected for the TGIF Calendar?
Excited! I got to sign copies for my family and friends.
4. What are your hobbies and interests?
Outside of school I like to hang out with friends and I enjoy singing in a choir.
5. What would you like to do when you graduate from University
After University I would like to become an RN and work in paediatrics